Last updated: 3rd January 2017
Any personal information that you provide to The Barakat Trust, Barakat Culture CIC or our trusted suppliers is controlled by The Barakat Trust.
The Barakat Trust is a charitable trust registered with the Charity Commissioner for England and Wales with charity number 1136842. Barakat Culture CIC is a Community Interest Company registered in England with company number 10494344. Our registered office is at The Barakat Trust, The Arab British Centre, 1 Gough Square, London EC4A 3DE.
If you have any queries about the information we hold about you, please contact the Barakat Trust’s Web Master, who you may write to at the address above or via email to email@example.com.
Collection of your personal information
Use of your personal information
We will use personal information provided by you or gathered by The Barakat Trust, Barakat Culture CIC or our trusted suppliers for the following purposes:
- if applicable, to process your grant(s);
- if applicable, to communicate with you about your grant;
- if applicable, to administer your membership or your request to volunteer;
- to process and respond to requests, enquiries and complaints received from you;
- to process payment of your grant(s);
- to process your membership or donation payment(s);
- to update our records;
- to analyse trends and profiles;
- for audit purposes;
- to carry out satisfaction research;
- to prevent or detect fraud;
- to enable third parties to carry out any of the purposes above on our behalf; and
- for any other reason that we have made you aware of and that you have consented to at the time that we collected your personal information.
Sharing of your personal information
The Barakat Trust and Barakat Culture CIC may share your personal information with third parties in the following ways:
- We sometimes use agents and service providers to process personal information on our behalf. For example, we use third parties to send postal mail, to process payments and to maintain our IT systems. Where we use agents and service providers to process your personal information, we will ensure that they have adequate security measures in place to safeguard your personal information.
- We will release your personal information when we are required to do so for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings.
- We may give information we hold about you to third parties as part of the process of reorganising the legal structure of The Barakat Trust or where the assets of The Barakat Trust are transferred to a third party including any entity that carries on the same purpose as The Barakat Trust in the future.
- Where you have given consent, we will use your personal information to contact you about news, activities and/or events of The Barakat Trust or Barakat Culture CIC and/or opportunities for you to support The Barakat Trust. We may also pass your personal information to third parties to contact you for such reasons on our behalf.
Storing your personal information
In some circumstances we may transfer your personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), where data protection safeguards are not as high as they are in the UK. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. If this occurs we will ensure that adequate procedures are put into place to protect your personal information.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
A cookie is a piece of information that is held on the hard drive of your computer which records how you have used a website. Cookies allow website operators to accumulate useful information, such as whether the computer (and sometimes its user) has visited the site before. This is done on a repeat visit by checking to see, and finding, the cookie left there on the last visit.
Specifically, we use the following cookies on our website:
- Google Analytics: stores non-personal data about visits to the site for statistical reporting
- Google Doubleclick: Various cookies used to store anonymous stats and sales data.
- Twitter: Stores non-personal data about use of Twitter variable embedded in our website. Some cookies may only be set when accessing twitter.com directly. Please refer to the Twitter website for details
If you do not want cookies downloaded onto your machine, you can disable them by adjusting the settings on your browser. However, you may not be able to use some of the features on our website without cookies.
Access to your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will ask for confirmation of identity before we disclose any personal information and may charge a £10 administration fee to process the request. Please address requests to Web Master, The Barakat Trust, The Arab British Centre, 1 Gough Square, London EC4A 3DE or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your personal information) if we intend to use your personal information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by making the relevant selection on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us in writing at The Barakat Trust, The Arab British Centre, 1 Gough Square, London EC4A 3DE or by emailing us at email@example.com. We will offer you the option to opt out of any further marketing communication in all marketing email correspondence that we send to you.